Excerpts from the book
HERALDRY OF THE WORLD
Written and illustrated by
Carl Alexander von Volborth , K.St.J., A.I.H.
Internet version edited by Andrew Andersen, Ph.D.
263. Long banner, twelfth century. The charge is placed so that it is the correct way up when the staff is held horizontally.
264. Oblong banner, thirteenth century, that of Pierre, Count of Brittany (1190-1250).
265. Triangular pennon, 1277. The charge is set as in Fig. 263.
266. Square banner of the Scottish Earl of Mar and Kellie, head of the Erskine clan.
267. Triangular pennon of the Earl of Mar and Kellie, head of the Erskine clan. See also p. 70.
268. Standard of the Earl of Mar and Kellie, head of the Erskine clan. See also Figs 217 and 362.